Whether you are a T-shirt person or not, one cannot deny that in recent times the T-shirt has had a comeback, and quite a stylish one at that. Gone are the days when we associated T-shirts with those shapeless things and whereby wearing one would be akin to a fashion suicide – I remember my P.E. teacher used to wear them and whereas I guess they were functional, they were just that. Period. Now who’s to say you cannot go for a stylish and functional look at the same time? Enter the printed shirt, which does not necessarily have to be a tee but it can be sleeveless or a tank top or a cropped tee; many, many options and once you start on the print you can technically never stop. From floral to Aztec, from a dreamy sheer to a filmy chiffon, the choice of patterns and of fabric is yours for the posing. In fact, you can wear tees on practically anything now, as they are so versatile: from jeans to shorts, from the ubiquitous skort to a maxi skirt, a tee is slipped on et voilà, you’re good to go. It can also solve a wardrobe crisis if you’re rushing out for morning errands or to meet a friend over drinks (or tea), and you’ll be out the door in a a patch. Moving on to the visuals. In this post I am sharing with you some tees that particularly stood out to me in South Korea and Japan so as you can see even in Asia the T-shirt is an unsung hero.
1. Cartoon characters & Betty Boop
2. Let’s write something on our tees
3. For the romantically involved (it reads: We Belong Together)
4. It’s gone ghetto init? *
5. Fancy an eye exam on the go?
6. Want your tee to be vintage? Then why not write it down?
7. And finally, a basic tee embellished with a chunky Cool necklace (bringing back the on-trend factor in the somewhat dated word ‘cool’)
Hope you enjoyed my thoughts on the tee and the pics.
* p.s. Definition of shawty for the language enthusiasts among you: A term originating in Atlanta that, in the beginning, referred to a short person or child, but the span of the word has grown to include any and all people, especially a girl that is attractive; it is mostly used as a term of endearment to others or just a way of addressing someone.