As I am part of the Malta Bloggers Group (and proud of it), I’ve been tagged to answer the following questions by Fiona (from CrueltyFreeMalta) so I am responding to the challenge with the following answers (please note that I feel in a humorous mood so excuse some of my tongue-in-cheek responses):
1. How did you get your blog / youtube channel name? I wanted to combine my two passions, style and travel, as well as play on the pun that certain things in fashion are transitory, though style is (hopefully) eternal!
2. If you could change your name to anything, what would it be and why? Hmm, I haven’t really thought about this one as I have ‘expended enough energy’ trying to find a proper blog name, which is really no mean feat. Then again I’d go for something linked to styling for maturer (ie older) people (such as myself :).
3. If you could go back in time and give your younger self advice, what would it be and why?Re blogging, I would say ‘start a blog asap!’ (but then I really did not have that much money to spend on clothes anyway!). Otherwise, I would say to a younger me ‘don’t take things too seriously’ which I sometimes still do.
4. How old were you when you first learned to blow a bubblegum bubble? I am ashamed to say it, but I cannot blow a bubblegum bubble to save my life 😦
5. What did you want to be when you were little? Can’t quite remember, though at 14 I thought I’d be a teacher and by 16 I had decided my goal would be to teach at college and have a PhD by a certain age. The former I succeeded in (so far so good) and the latter I’m still working on it (please note I cannot stand it when people ask ‘when are you going to finish it?’ as it is not a joke to be in the midst of it).
6. What’s the hardest you ever laughed? Probably every time I go abroad as that is when major mishaps that turn into funny incidents occur; I’d say in Milan and Asia most laughs ensued.
7. If you could play any musical instrument, which would it be and why? I had started playing the piano when I was young but sadly did not pursue it further.
8. What’s your favorite thing to do when your upset? Watch a series or read a good book to distract myself; driving to the sea also helps.
9. What’s your favorite movie? Watched too many to think of a favourite one I must say…
10. What’s one food you can not live without? This is also a tricky question – I think I would not miss any food in particular, as long as I don’t end up eating something bland. However, I cannot imagine not being able to eat rib-eye or sushi (these I usually eat on specific occasions so I consider them a treat if anything).
11. What’s your favorite dessert? This would have to be the traditional cassatella Siciliana (without too much cream or marzipan), Mille Feuille (as a second), and the Sicilian cannoli (as a third); sorry, couldn’t resist just mentioning one. Alternatively, anything that comes out of Patisserie Valerie.
12. Favorite pizza topping? A blend between sweet and tangy, such as honey with blue cheese, pear, and walnuts.
13. Would you rather have the superpower to read minds, or the superpower to be invisible? Apparently I am already invisible to certain people so I’d say reading minds is way better. Knowledge is power after all.
14. What did you do for your last birthday? This year my birthday was a Monday, which happened to be my study day (so technically I was off, which was enough to rejoice). This was accompanied by a weekend-long celebration of too much eating (though on the healthy side as I had already started my dietary overhaul back then).
15. If you had one personal “selfish” wish, what would it be and why? I think I am quite satisfied with what I do or have, so I should reverse this by saying I wish I had more time to do voluntary work. Other than that, I always prefer to give something in return even if I benefit from a situation too.
That’s all for this tag – looking forward to reading other bloggers’ Q&A!